I just finished writing an email to my friend Kelly who is expecting her first child in early September and I wrote to her “Motherhood is the absolute greatest thing in life and it is also the hardest.” I hope I didn’t scare her, but that is the absolute truth. I guess I should also tell her that when they smile and talk to you in their language as you look at them, it takes away all of the feeling of that stressful night you had or afternoon of crying that you couldn’t seem to soothe. Tony and I both agree that one of the best things about being parents is our ability to really know Evan. We know his cries, we know his laughs, and we can even determine what he is doing by the way he breathes (thanks to reflux and tracheomalacia). We are the ultimate comfort factor for him and knowing that makes us feel like we are on top of the world.

Daddy & Evan after our trip to the mall and to see the Easter Bunny! Those pictures will be up Monday.

Evan got a new MJ outfit at the mall. It will be a year or so before he can wear it though. Hopefully the one he has now, and is wearing, will fit for a little while longer.

Evan LOVES Saturday mornings with Daddy...and Mommy does too because she can sleep in!
No comments:
Post a Comment