Evan wakes up at about 4 in the morning every day. I stumble out of bed, find my glasses and make my way to the kitchen to make his bottle. Once I get all of that situated, I go back to him, pick him up and we go to change his diaper. He is just smiling and happy to see me. We talk for a few minutes, do our duties, and go to get the bottle. Feeding is easy. He eats his 5 ounces and goes back to sleep on my shoulder. All in all this is about thirty minutes. I lay him back down, cover him up and make sure he is good and asleep. Sometimes I have to put my hand over his hands and my cheek to his face for him to fall back asleep. I know he is asleep when he starts his low, constant snore. I wait to hear that because our old bed creaks when you get into it and I don’t want that to wake him up. Challenge two starts now. Tony has rolled over to my side of the bed. He is snoring and looks pretty comfortable. Bug-Z, who sleeps at the foot of my end of the bed, has turned vertical and is halfway up the bed. He is in a deep puppy sleep where they breathe a deep breath in and let out a whimper as they breathe out. Okay, how am I going to maneuver this one? I push Tony a little and he barely wakes up and rolls over. He is back on his side of the bed and quietly sleeping. I get into the bed tucking one leg up in a jack-knife position. If I want Bug-Z to move, I will have to pick him up and move him, but I would have to get up to do that. So, I work to get comfortable and close my eyes. Evan is still snoring and after a few minutes Tony starts again. After another few minutes, Bug-Z starts his tune. This is when I realize, this is my wonderful life and these are my favorite boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment