Over a year ago, soon after my Dad passed away, our fabulous Barker's gave us a gift certificate to a local tree grower so we could plant a tree in memory of him. For the past year the certificate has patiently waited behind a picture of my Dad on the refrigerator and we finally put it to good use this weekend.
Evan being a good helper.
Juice break.
Still juice break.
This little guy was thirsty!
Telling Daddy where to put the tree.
Lunch break.
Hugging the new tree.
Looking for squirrels in the new tree.
Evan loves Bug-Z's oldest toy - a gross, three-legged squirrel. He asked me to take his picture with it ... I will probably have to put it in a frame in his room!
Watering the tree.
Mommy and Daddy stopped paying attention to Evan to look at the pictures I had taken and guess who ended up all wet?!?
There's that good helper.
What fun!
We love our new memorial tree.
Thanks Mr. Jim & Ms. Barbara ... we love you.
************
I have to include this in this post as it seems so fitting. When my brother and I were growing up (along with ALL of my Crawford cousins), my Paw Paw taught us a poem and to this day we all know it by heart and will probably teach our kids this ever so memorable rhyme.
How little I may be,
at least I too can plant a tree.
And someday it will grow so high,
that it will whisper to the sky.
And on some hot, sultry summer day,
people resting there will say,
Oh, how great and wise was he,
who thought to plant this blessed tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment