So ... these are from a while back and I am just getting around to posting them. I will have another ultrasound in two weeks and I promise to be faster at posting those images.
This pregnancy has been the complete opposite of Evan's. At least it was in the first trimester ... things have gotten much better in the second. This baby DID NOT want me on my feet! Something else funny is that I only want water to drink. Before I was pregnant, I had the hardest time drinking water ... I just didn't like it. Now, it's almost all I consume (except for when I need a little boost of energy and I'll have some coffee or my old favorite, Diet Dr. Pepper). As far as food, there are more things that I do not want to go near than things that I crave. The most heartbreaking to Tony and my Mom, Mexican food. It does not sound good at all!
Another difference in this pregnancy is that I have two doctors ... my fabulous OB and a Maternal - Fetal OB who is watching over this baby for any signs of a genetic abnormality. There were two tests that I could have done to know for sure if this baby will have the same genetic disorder that Evan has, but after a long talk with a genetic counselor, we decided against them. The tests weren't necessarily high risk, but they did carry some risk and in the end, whatever the outcome was, there really is nothing we can do until the baby gets here and there was no chance of termination. So, from pretty early on I have been getting really good looks at the baby through ultrasounds and the doctor says everything looks great so far. She also says the baby LOOKS to be a girl, but we won't know for sure for two more weeks when I have my next round of ultrasounds. Not only will we get that confirmation, but the baby's kidneys will be formed and functioning so she can take a good look at them. Another thing she will be looking at will be the fluid around the baby. I measured very high with Evan and was always on the verge of having to have some removed, so we'll see how I'm doing this time.
Until next time ...


No comments:
Post a Comment