Famous Pork Chops
Ingredients:
1 cup of crushed butter crackers (Club)
garlic salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
3 eggs, beaten
4 pork chops
1/2 cup of butter
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a shallow bowl, combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. In a separate bowl, beat eggs. (I use glass pie dishes. They work well.)
Dip pork chops in the egg batter and then in cracker mixture. Place the pork chops in a casserole dish. Place chunks of butter around the pork chops. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
* I have made this dish several times and can never get the casserole dish method to come out right. The bottoms of the pork chops are always soggy. So, I instead bake them on racks on baking sheets and they come out crispy on both sides. Instead of using chunks of butter, I spray a couple sprays of butter on top of them toward the end of their cooking time. It gives them a bit of crunch. *
Enjoy!

1 comment:
Just a note of inspiration for you to keep up these recipes. They are GREAT! Loving the Meier blog my friend. Got my grocery list all ready with half of my meals off your blog. What an inspiration you are!!!!
Post a Comment