Friday, March 12, 2010

Dinner Day Six.

Sweet & Sour Chicken Packets

Have you ever made a foil pack?  If not, YOU MUST!


You will need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 sweet and sour sauce
1 (8 ounce) can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/2 cup chow mein noodles (if desired)
foil

THIS IS SO EASY!

Tear four foil sqaures (about 12 inches each).  Spray the center with cooking spray and place one chicken breast on each square.  Top with a tablespoon of sweet and sour sauce and 1/4 of the bell pepper, pineapple and onion.  Top with another tablespoon of sauce.  Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet and then seal edges.  Bake at 350 degress for 25 minutes (or until done).

We eat this dish with rice and I cut up the extra pineapple and peppers and cook with the rice.  It is so good!



Enjoy!




2 comments:

Our Life Together said...

There are quite a few that I can't wait to try out my friend! I am so glad that you are pushing on with all that has been going on lately! Love reading the blog!

Our Life Together said...

We loved it and it was super simple. Great instructions too!!! I think I would have liked to add a tad more sweet and sour sauce. AWESOME! Will add to the recipe book for sure.