Eggs in Purgatory
Food Network / Giada De Laurentiis
Today was one of those days were I had nothing planned and had to work with what I had. I went through my recipes and came across this one that I have made once. I remember it being good, but not this good! The flavors in this dish are unbelievable.
Ingredients:
5 large eggs
2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
(I had leftovers from my dinner a couple of nights ago.)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
(I used canola.)
Salt and Pepper
1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
Stirl 1 egg in a large bowl to blend. Mix in the potatoes, then the flour. Using a generous 1/2 cup of potato mixture, form 4 (4-1/2 inch) pancakes. Fry the pancakes until they are golden brown and heated through. Transfer the pancakes to paper towels to drain. To keep pancakes warm as you make your fried eggs, place them on a baking sheet and place in oven.
Most of you know how to make fried eggs, but just to complete the recipe:
Drain excess oil from pan and heat the pan over medium-low heat. Crack the remaining 4 eggs into the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until the white is firm. Using a spatula, turn the eggs over and cook for 30 seconds.
Divide and spoon the sauce onto 4 plates. Place a pancake atop the sauce. Top each pancake with a fried egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment