We had a couple of days last week in need of rescue and as usual, our wonderful Barker's were there to save us.
First, Nichole, Luke, Evan and I were out playing in the yard and all of the sudden Nichole goes into panic mode. As I turned around to see what was wrong, I saw a big snake worming his way through the rocks around the flower bed. As our luck would have it, Ms. Barbara just pulled up to visit and she jetted back home to get Mr. Jim. Nichole ran inside with the boys and I was left to watch it to make sure it didn't get away. Although it turned out to not be a threatening snake, we were definitely glad Mr. Jim came and took care of him. Whew!
Then, the next day was no different. Just like any other toddler, Evan is super curious and loves to get in the bathroom and mess with everything he can. So, we always keep the doors shut just to keep busy little hands out of trouble. Well, on this day I went to brush my teeth and do my morning ritual and what do you know, somehow the door locked when we shut it last and I couldn't get it open. I tried to get it unlocked, but had no luck. We have two other bathrooms, but neither have my contacts, toothbrush, shower supplies, or medicine. And of course, I desperately needed an allergy pill that morning! So, what do I do ... call up the Barker's Rescue Service. This is what we got:
First, Nichole, Luke, Evan and I were out playing in the yard and all of the sudden Nichole goes into panic mode. As I turned around to see what was wrong, I saw a big snake worming his way through the rocks around the flower bed. As our luck would have it, Ms. Barbara just pulled up to visit and she jetted back home to get Mr. Jim. Nichole ran inside with the boys and I was left to watch it to make sure it didn't get away. Although it turned out to not be a threatening snake, we were definitely glad Mr. Jim came and took care of him. Whew!
Then, the next day was no different. Just like any other toddler, Evan is super curious and loves to get in the bathroom and mess with everything he can. So, we always keep the doors shut just to keep busy little hands out of trouble. Well, on this day I went to brush my teeth and do my morning ritual and what do you know, somehow the door locked when we shut it last and I couldn't get it open. I tried to get it unlocked, but had no luck. We have two other bathrooms, but neither have my contacts, toothbrush, shower supplies, or medicine. And of course, I desperately needed an allergy pill that morning! So, what do I do ... call up the Barker's Rescue Service. This is what we got:
Team Barker to the rescue!
A few minutes later, the door was open. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
(AND by the way ... Happy Anniversary!)
No comments:
Post a Comment