Are children born to know how to text? It seems that way to us!
Just an update on Evan's syndrome. He had the blood drawn for his genetics test at the end of December and I got a call with the results last week. They found the mutated gene which confirms his diagnosis and give us a starting point to figure out where his syndrome came from. Now, we are waiting to hear back to see how much it will cost us to get Tony and I tested. If it came from one of us, we are looking at a 50% chance our next baby will have the syndrome, but if it was a spontaneous occurrence, meaning it happened at conception, there is a 2% chance our next baby will have it. It's all a little confusing, I know, but we are happy to have a confirmed diagnosis and even more happy that Evan is such a healthy child living with this syndrome. All of his check-ups lately have been fantastic and we are still on an every 6 month schedule for his extra doctors (ENT and Audiologist.)
Just an update on Evan's syndrome. He had the blood drawn for his genetics test at the end of December and I got a call with the results last week. They found the mutated gene which confirms his diagnosis and give us a starting point to figure out where his syndrome came from. Now, we are waiting to hear back to see how much it will cost us to get Tony and I tested. If it came from one of us, we are looking at a 50% chance our next baby will have the syndrome, but if it was a spontaneous occurrence, meaning it happened at conception, there is a 2% chance our next baby will have it. It's all a little confusing, I know, but we are happy to have a confirmed diagnosis and even more happy that Evan is such a healthy child living with this syndrome. All of his check-ups lately have been fantastic and we are still on an every 6 month schedule for his extra doctors (ENT and Audiologist.)
1 comment:
He is just a miracle little boy and we love him more than you'll ever know!
Post a Comment