So, I had an interesting experience this week. Nichole and I decided we were ready to put Luke and Evan in Mother's Day Out. We went and checked out two different churches and after much deliberation, we made our decision. The way the system works is church members get first pick and then the remaining spots are open to the public. I called a few days before and I was told there were three spots left in his age group with the days I wanted, which was good. We were also told that people started lining up at 3 AM to get a spot, so come early. Fast forward to registration day. We decided 4:45 AM would be a good time considering we both were wanting the younger classes and we were told they fill up last. Walking in the door, we see quite a few people sitting in the hallway and a lady asks us to sign in to get on the list. At 4:45 AM we were #17 and #18! We then walk a little farther down the hall where it intersects with another hall and there are people lined up to the left and right. Funny thing is there were people with air mattresses set up and pallets all over the floor. These people had spent the night!
The whole scene was incredible to us and although it was crazy, it reassured us that we had made the right decision. We didn't take pictures of the hallways, but we had someone take our picture as we camped out. Carly is Nichole's friend who was hoping for a spot in the most popular Pre-K classes. Thankfully, we all got in and the early risings paid off. Unfortunately, Evan got the last spot for his class, but Luke will be in the next class over.
2 comments:
So glad the boys got in that day! I hope I can go through with it when the time comes.
Congrats on getting in! You are going to LOVE it!!!
Post a Comment