I have been trying to update, but Blogger is not allowing me to upload pictures! So, I guess I'll just blog with words. Let's see.....
Nothing much going on here. Just finishing up construction on our upstairs so Grammie and Paw Paw can move in soon. Everything is looking good. Paw Paw submitted their plans today to the Architectural Committee of their new neighborhood, so their construction should be starting soon. We had a pretty quiet weekend. Contractors were here most of the time, but we did FINALLY get to go grocery shopping. (I know everyone who has been here lately is happy about that!) This Saturday Evan will be SEVEN months old. That is shocking enough for me!
OH, and I was hooked on Mystery Diagnosis. It is a show on TLC that documents individuals trying to diagnosis extremely rare syndromes, diseases, and illnesses. It amazed me all of the stories of parents who knew something was wrong with their child and they had to push and push for doctors to look further into what was going on OR they had to find new doctors who essentially 'believed' something was wrong. It brought back a lot of memories of when Evan was first born and we knew something wasn't right. I felt like I could really relate to these people and I also heard the greatest statement ... "When you hear hoof beats you think horses, not zebras." It sums up the philosophy that it is generally more productive to look for common rather than exotic causes for illnesses. Evan is our zebra.
No comments:
Post a Comment