Monday, January 28, 2008

A Wonderful Update...

Just got the call from Dr. Valdez and YAY the ultrasound shows there are no problems with Evan's kidneys. He does have kidney reflux, but this is something very common in newborns and it should heal on it's own. We are so relieved and can actually take deep breaths! Thank you to everyone who prayed for us. Evan will still have to have the sedation hearing test, but not for a little while. We'll worry about that when it comes.

I am also very lucky to report that I will be having surgery on Friday 2/1 ... YUCK! Some things didn't quite heal properly after I had Evan and they will be surgically corrected. It is, thank goodness, an outpatient procedure so I won't have to be away from Evan overnight. I will be out of commission for a few days, but thank the heavens for my fabulous Mother and Evan's wonderful Daddy. They will be taking over for a few days.

One last bit...thought I would update everyone on Evan's stats. He is quite the growing boy at almost 11 pounds. He is very, very long...I need a measuring tape to get a number. He will be 6 weeks this Wednesday and is already wearing 3 month clothes. No kidding. He also had his first real bath today in his bathtub. He is an awkward size for the tub and doesn't fit real well in it, so we put his sponge pad in it for now.

No comments: